Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Photography Ministry out here

God has given me an opportunity to use my photography to bless people out here. I am *so* excited! 

At Jeri's birthday party last week, someone gave her a *huge* stuffed purple bear, who we've affectionately named Ube (pronounced Ubay - ebay with a u - since he's the same color as the vegetable). 

While everyone was having fun with the bear, one of my moms came in for her 3 day postpartum visit and Deborah, Jeri's daughter, got the idea to take a picture of the baby with the bear.

Well, someone got the idea that maybe we could take a picture of each baby born here with the bear and then print the pics and give them to the moms at the 3 day postpartum visit. I volunteered to do it.

So now every couple days I catch a jeepney up to SM and have a few pictures printed. I need to do it again this afternoon. 

I absolutely love taking pictures of each baby with the bear and I've also started taking pictures of each mom and baby together so each family gets two pictures. 

I also absolutely love seeing a family's eyes light up with surprise and excitement whenever I carry a camera and gigantic bear into their room. And then they start laughing and taking pictures too while I go about my work. It's a lot of fun. I really enjoy doing it.

Thank You, Lord, for giving me this opportunity to use one of my favorite hobbies to bless others!

Scroll down to see two "samples" of what I've been doing.

Mom and baby

baby and Ube

No comments:

Post a Comment