Friday, August 24, 2012

Department of Immigration...

Today, Karissa and I both needed to renew our visas...

Since Jorge left early today, Ate Helen took us to the Department of Immigration. To get there, we had to ride in a tricycle.

Filipino trike
On the way there, I rode in the side car with Karissa. It was a lot of fun, going fast on a bicycle with the cool wind whipping our faces...Ah....this is the life!

Anyway, when we got to the Department of Immigration, we did our best to fill out the confusing renewal papers and eventually were able to hand them to an official to be approved.

Then we found out the cost. It was 7,560 PHP (almost $200 USD) to renew it for two months! I was not happy with the price...Thankfully I had stopped at an ATM today or else I wouldn't have been able to pay for it...

When they finally granted me the extended visa, they also gave me a signed sheet of paper that read:

This is to certify that the name WILSON, DANIELLE RENEE born on ....... a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOES NOT APPEAR in this Bureau's Hold Departure, Blacklist, Watch list, and/or Intelligence Derogatory Records as of August 24, 2012.

Gee, I'm so relieved! LOL.

Back to Shiphrah, we rode in another trike. This time, the only room for me was right behind the driver. So I rode on the motorcycle part side-saddle. At first, I was a little nervous, but then I relaxed and had fun. If given a choice, I'd probably ride side-saddle again. :-D

And as usual, here's more pictures!

my first COC to deliver! 
Abigail, the new intern, and Ate Bhel

Ryle, Ate Grace's son

helping moms fill out the paperwork before their first prenatal

Ube pictures waiting to be picked up. There aren't usually this many, but we've had so many moms deliver in the past few days...

stairs



Mymy! :-D

Brownie, one of my four-legged friends out here


he's incredibly sweet to me, but really nasty to the other dogs. Look closely at his nose - evidence of the fights he's been in. Crazy dog!

charred eggplant, cooked with egg and tomato. It's very interesting yet delicious!

birthing stools waiting to be used



hemostats and scissors

a cute four-month old who was at a birth 

she got an Ube pic too ;-D



No comments:

Post a Comment