Friday, August 3, 2012

LOL...Oops!

So Karissa and I have a long (ok, one month) history of delayed texts to each other. In other words, one of us will send a text and it takes at least 10 minutes for the other person to get it. And today, that became kind of bad.

In order to understand this story, let me just mention that our bathroom door is sticky. At certain times of the day, it's nearly impossible to open and close. When it's like that, I don't shut it all the way. However, Karissa does.

While showing the midwives pictures of my family at the birth center, my cell phone rang. However, I have never received a call on my cell phone, so I didn't realize it was mine until it was done ringing. Then I realized whose cell it was and checked it. It said Karissa called me.

I tried calling her back but the reception was too bad. Excusing myself, I walked over to the apartment, expecting her to be there. I opened the door but didn't see her and the light was out. I was slightly concerned, wondering where she was. Nevertheless, I called for her a couple times really loudly in case she was somewhere in the apartment.

Then I heard, "Hey! Help! I'm in here!"

It was coming from the bathroom.

Yup, Karissa was stuck in the bathroom because the door wouldn't open. She had been in there for twenty minutes.

Thankfully, all I had to do was knee and push against the door really hard a few times to get it open. But the poor thing had been stuck in there for twenty minutes!

So now neither of us are probably ever going to completely shut that door again. And I never received her text until twenty minutes after I rescued her.

LOL...Oops. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment