Monday, July 23, 2012

Too Beautiful for Words

This morning I caught a baby. It was the parents' first and she was very-much wanted and hoped for. When I handed the baby to her mom, the mom eagerly grasped for her child. Then she held that newborn in her arms and just stared at it in wonder. Her face was so full of emotion and expression as she took in her baby. Behind her, the woman's husband began to sniff and dab at his eyes. It was so beautiful and I was so honored to be able to sit there and witness the meeting.

I just wanted to sit there and join in the emotion, but no, there was a placenta coming that needed my attention...

Someone needs to invent a camera that attaches to your glasses but is pretty much invisible so that all you have to do is blink and it will record an image of what you see. *sigh of exasperation* I really wanted a camera this morning. I've never seen anything so beautiful as that new family sitting there, drinking each other in with the newness of life.

In most of the births I have attended up to now, the mom will disinterestedly hold her baby while the husband looks out the window or texts someone on his cell phone, hardly paying attention to the new bundle in his wife/girlfriend's arms. There is no celebration and emotion with meeting the baby. It usually makes me sad but today's greeting made up for it.

Oh, how I wish I could have captured that image to share with everyone! It was so amazing!

And, as always, pictures!

one of my catches. 

Ate Lyds bathing a newborn

Angry Birds juice! I want some! (jk)

Jennifer took this photo of Karissa and I at Pizza Hut yesterday Notice the creeper in the background. She was like that the whole entire stinkin' meal!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment