Monday, July 30, 2012

Endure Hardship...

So my dilemma was solved for me last night when Agnes asked to have her baby back. I was so happy to give little Jen back to his Mommy. Because she doesn't have a husband or friend to stay with her, I agreed to spend the night in the room with her and the baby.

All was going well and I went to bed around 9:30pm. It was silent and peaceful until 11pm. Then Jen woke up. And he wasn't happy. At all. And he screamed almost nonstop from 11pm until 5am when I decided I was going to get out of bed and start my day. Translation: I only got two hours of sleep last night.

I have absolutely no idea what that kid's problem was. Agnes tried to feed him all night long. We checked his diaper. The only thing that worked was when I held him upright. Except I didn't feel right doing that because of the sticky situation of Agnes not being sure if she was going to keep him or not. So I'd hold him for a few minutes until he calmed down and hand him back to her. About ten minutes later, he'd start to scream again.

Anyway, I was really frustrated with this kid and left the room to start my day. At that point, I was certain that I'd never ever ever have kids. It hurts to give birth to them and then they scream nonstop once they're born. Then they become teenagers. No thank you!

Still grumbling, I stomped over to the apartment and flipped open my Daily Light to the morning section for July 31. There, the topic proclaimed nice and boldly, "Endure Hardship like a Good Soldier in Christ Jesus."

I started to laugh.

Until now, I never would have thought of last night as a "hardship." You know, hardships are when you're put in prison for your faith, or when you don't have enough money to pay the bills, etc. I never thought of hardship as staying up all night supporting a mom and newborn.

This morning, God used my Daily Light as a 2x4 to smack some sense into me.

Hopefully I can get some rest this afternoon after I go to the mall and get some pictures printed for a mom and her baby.

Thanks everyone for your prayers!
Satisfied in Christ,
a Very Tired Danielle :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment