Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just a quick update...

Guess what? My laptop broke again. I'm *really* happy with the job SST laptop repair did for me. Right now I'm debating not getting it fixed until I get home (in just 42 more days!) so that I can speak English with whoever fixes my laptop so I can be told what is actually wrong. Honestly, I'm a little frustrated right now since I feel as if I just wasted $40. Anyway...

I managed to get the virus that was going around the birth center. I woke up Saturday morning with a fever and spots all over my face. By Sunday night I was absolutely covered in the spots and was itching like crazy. But I resisted the urge to scratch. Now the virus is leaving and my face and body are gradually returning to normal. Hopefully tomorrow I'll look presentable enough to start helping with births again. I had all the symptoms for scarlet fever but the doctors said they have no idea what is going around (it's been declared an epidemic in Manila) but they don't have any antibiotics for it. I'm glad about that because I do not want to be taking antibiotics unless I have to.

Now for some really sad news: the spina bifida baby died October 2. The funerals today at 10 am but I'm not able to go because of the virus. Please pray for Rosemarie and Vhon as they grieve the death of their sweet little boy. He was almost a month old.

As you can probably tell, it's been a rather rough week for me. I've had many conflicts and disappointments but thankfully the week is almost over. Please pray for me that I will continue to get well and also pray for Rosemarie and Vhon that God will continue to comfort them. I've texted them briefly and they are sad yet their faith truly amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment