Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Singapore - a post in pictures

I'll explain each picture - I have way too many! But my Singapore trip was amazing and I am so thankful I got the opportunity to go there and meet Ci and her family. I really didn't want to leave... :-(

the only thing separating me from these tigers in the Singapore zoo was a deep pit which they supposedly aren't able to cross...Thankfully they were only interested in sitting and staring at all the tourists



Ci and I had a lot of fun watching these monkeys

this baby monkey was being pulled around by his tail by his mommy. That's parenting for you!

really neat spider

penguins! Nathan, eat your heart out ;-D


this orangutan is staring right at me...

the rhinos were snorting, pawing, and acting generally unhappy with each other

the flowers are called "Dancing Ladies"




"Oooh, look, Polly! The lady's taking our picture!"



peek-a-boo!

no one can see me! 

Ci and I feeding a wallaby

tourist photo... :-O

this picture in an elevator made my day so much better :-D

outside China Town

China town was a neat place to visit


the styles and designs of these bags is indigenous to my sister's province - Guangxi



outside a Hindu temple - every religion and race is represented in Singapore and it was pretty neat traveling around and seeing different Hindu and Buddhist temples along with shrines and mosques, churches and synagogues. Singapore is a true melting pot!

Obama and Michel Jackson - all the way in Singapore!

outside a Mosque on Arab street

it was weird eating out at almost every meal - but very delicious too!

this sign made my day

dragon flowers



the lovely and wonderful Ci!



this was my first time trying Korean food - it was delicious! Not as spicy as I hoped, but still delicious

this is pretty much what Ci and I looked like the whole week - and I came home with  900 pictures... 

inside a singapore mall - the architecture in Singapore was really interesting

this building was affectionately nicknamed "The Durian"

No comments:

Post a Comment