Friday, November 9, 2012

Exciting day

I got my ears pierced today! My mom had been very adamant that I shouldn't get my ears pierced it I showed her that there is nothing wrong with ear piercings in the Bible so she finally agreed this morning.

When the other interns and midwives heard, they were all excited and said I should get them pierced at once. The midwives pierce ears and offered to do mine. I agreed. Originally I planned to have Ate Grace do it since I know she's experienced with the ear piercing gun but she wasn't here during the day. So Ate Dina pierced my ears.

Getting ones ears pierced is a pretty social affair when it is just a newborn getting them pierced as everyone crowds around to watch. However, being one of the interns made it even more exciting. Everyone stood around talking and laughing and saying I was finally a woman. Haha. Abby said everyone was as thrilled as if I was having a baby there. Lol.

Mom had told me it would hurt really bad so I cringed and expected it to hurt really bad. I sat rigidly when Dina pulled the trigger but it didn't hurt. "that was it?!" I asked.

Yup. That was it.

So now I can finally start to wear some of the earrings I have wanted to wear. But for the next 6 weeks I have to wear the piercing earrings.

I'm glad to have finally gotten my ears pierced. :) It was a fun experience and a fun way to remember the Philippines and midwives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment