Saturday, September 1, 2012

For those who were Worried, I'm Ok!

As some of you might know, there was a huge (7.6 magnitude) earthquake off of the island of Samar in the Philippines last night, around 8:45pm.

I was watching a movie (The Avengers, to be exact) when I thought the ground started vibrating slightly, but I had the laptop on the floor with me and the movie was at an intense part, so I thought it was just the laptop causing the vibrations. It could have just been the laptop, but then again, it could have been the earthquake.

Other than that, I have been totally unaffected by the quake.

The funny thing was I woke up and came over to the birthcenter this morning, not knowing what had happened. Then I checked e-mail first thing and saw fifteen e-mails, all with the subject lines "Are you ok?!" and "praying for you."

I was thinking, "WHAT?!"

So I read them, and was still confused because NO ONE mentioned the earthquake. Finally, I just googled "Philippines disaster," and up popped an article from BBC News about the earthquake which informed me about why everyone was worried.

So if you saw the information about the earthquake and prayed for me or were worried about me, thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your prayers! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment