Monday, September 3, 2012

Dishonesty does not fly with me...


Today, I got really mad. 

During prenatals, Ate Grace came up to me and said, "Um, Danielle. You might want to go see what the nursing students are doing - they're copying down the chart information from one of your COCs." Translation: they're doing something bad and you're the only one that we think will be able to get the chart away from them. In other words, they hate conflict so much they'll have me do the dirty work because they know I'll do it if I think it needs to be done.

So I walked up to the table, and saw them copying a chart from my lady who delivered four days ago. "EXCUSE ME! You were not at that birth so you should NOT be copying all that information down! Stop now. Give me the chart now please." Then I picked up my pen and scribbled across their pages where they were still completely copying all the information, to claim that they had been at the birth. That wasn't enough. You could still see what they had written. Something told me they would still have used the information if they could read it. So, I ripped the pages out of their notebooks, folded them up, and dumped them into a trashcan. 

In order to graduate from nursing school, nursing students have to "attend" twenty births. Except they don't always exactly attend the births. If they can copy down the information from someone's chart, they can claim that as a birth they attended. So that's what they were doing. 

Argh! Dishonesty does not fly with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment