Thursday, June 7, 2012

(Really) Almost There!

Hi Everyone!

Guess what? I'm fully funded for my trip! Yippee! God has been faithfully providing for my needs with regard to this trip and it's been truly amazing watching Him prompt His people to help me along. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of that.

I leave in a little less than 3 weeks. I'm not nervous about living and working in the Philippines, but I'm nervous about saying good bye. I've never been away from my family for more than 48 hours and I'm scared to say good bye for 5 months. Please pray for me that God would be preparing my heart to leave and that everything will go well in that regard.

Also, I just realized that I'm bringing electronics to a very humid area without a/c. Has anyone had any experience with regard to this problem? If so, do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!
~ Danielle


1 comment:

  1. Regarding being away from family, I tell my daughter that it's normal to get homesick and it's normal not to get homesick. In other words, people differ; some miss home and others do not. Probably your family will miss you more than you miss them because you'll be seeing and doing different, interesting things that will take up your attention. We're happy for you to have this God-given opportunity.

    ReplyDelete