Sunday, March 18, 2012

Leap of Faith

I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over
my head, I want to be 
Cought in the rush, lost in the flow,
in over my head, I want to go 
The river’s deep, the river’s wide,
the river’s water is alive 
So sink or swim, I’m diving in
~ Steven Curtis Chapman, "Dive"

In July, I'm leaving for Manila, Philippines to volunteer at Shiphrah Birthing Center. I'll be gone until the week of Thanksgiving. For a gal who's never been gone from home for more than 36 hours, five months is a long time... At least God gives His strength to those who ask for it!

Probably the biggest obstacle for me right now is finances. However, I'll be in the Philippines as a missionary so I'll be able to raise support. Hopefully in this next week, I'll get a support letter out. Also, on Saturday, my church is hosting a global outreach celebration and I'm able to be one of the missionaries there. Whenever I start worrying about where I'll get $6600 (about $1400 a month), I take a deep breath and remind myself that God owns all the money in the world and He can supply me with enough to get me through. *deep breath*

Please be praying for me as I go on this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment