Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Navy Seals of the Birth World

There's a young midwife's blog I've been following, since she's at Newlife International School of Midwifery, the school I hope to attend in 2013, and the other day she posted this comment that I thought was really interesting:

"Someone recently told me that midwives are the female version of Navy SEALS... I'd have to agree." - Lindsy Stanley


She points out that midwives are responsible for the lives of two individuals and have to make decisions under pressure fast. I had never thought of that correlation before. To read the rest of her post: http://joyfulpioneer.blogspot.com/2012/04/defender-of-life.html


Anyway, I leave for Shiphrah in two months!!!!! I am getting SO excited!!! I can't wait to go back to the role of midwife's assistant! While being a doula was awesome, I also felt like my hands were tied, so I'm really looking forward to Shiphrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment